Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Daily Blog 5 9/23/18

Today was great, but also tiring. I've been around a lot of people this weekend and I'm really not used to it anymore. I do miss seeing everyone, but I'm not sure it's enough to make me want to drive so I can see them more often. Driving means paying for a car and gas...
It's also hard to see all my close friends moving on to this next stage in life while I'm still here, trying to figure out what to do with my life since I'm not on the "normal" path of marriage and babies. It's difficult to remember that outside Mormon culture it's normal not to get married until after 30. Inside Mormon culture, people often judge a woman who isn't married by about 24 or 25. Though they don't judge men as much. It's like if a woman isn't married by then she's got to be defective, but of a man isn't he's just making sure he's ready to take care of a family. How is that fair? It hurts to know no one wants to date me, I don't need others to criticize me for it.
I guess it just hurts more because a guy I have a crush on was over tonight talking to Roommate 1 (I think she was giving him a haircut?) and he said he doesn't want to date in his ward. So that means he'll probably never see me in that way. Which is fine, but I don't meet new guys that often, let alone being able to actually talk to them. So I kind of feel like my chances are gone.
Which means I guess I need to focus on my writing. I can at least get something in my life on track and going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment