Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ummmmmm....

Okay, this might scare some people, but I actually drove today. I mean I was literally behind the driver's seat for the first time in my life. It was kind of surreal at first. I mean, last time I drove something with a motor it was a four-wheeler, and I rolled it. Plus, I expected to be really bad and make mistakes, but I actually did pretty good. We did some stuff that'll be on the driving test (which is a ways away, but if I can do it now, imagine me with practice), and the only problems I had were parallel parking and lined parking in front of a side walk. But in my defense, the sidewalk was diagonal to the road. :P
Anyway, I'm also starting college in a few weeks. I'm soooo nervous, but I'm also a little excited. I get like that when I'm moving to a new life-phase. I feel like the girl in the book I'm reading, called My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions. She's not pretty, or anything like that, same as me, but she's also a major fan of romance novels, which really hit it on the nail for me because people who like those books tend to have unrealistic expectations for romantic relationships. Et voila, in the first couple pages, the heroine meets a Really Hot Guy she calls "Adonis". I rest my case. I do feel that the two will end up together, even though she's--I hate to say it--average (like me, for the most part). I'll have to keep you posted on how I feel about the book.

1 comment: